Portuguese Water Dogs Pet Contract
Seller agrees to sell, transfer and convey to , herein referred to as Buyer, the following Portuguese Water Dog.
Description of Dog
NAME OF DOG:
Whelped: Litter: Sex: Color:
NAME OF SIRE: AKC#
NAME OF DAM: AKC#
Buyer shall pay the sum of dollars ($ ) total purchase price on or before the date of this agreement. Non-refundable cash or check deposit of $500.00 will hold a puppy.
Conditions of Sale
- Buyer agrees to maintain the dog in a humane environment. It is agreed between Buyer and Seller that this dog is being acquired as a family companion and will reside inside the home and will not be left or kenneled outdoors.
- Buyer agrees to provide a fully fenced area of suitable size and construction for the dog’s safety, enjoyment and regular exercise.
- Buyer agrees to complete the appropriate vaccinations. Specifically rabies, distemper, parvo-virus, and other communicable diseases as recommended by a licensed veterinarian. It is understood that Buyers may choose to separate immunizations, and vary the timing, which is acceptable to Seller. All associated costs are the responsibility of the Buyer. Seller will administer the first set of immunizations and worming.
- Buyer agrees to feed the dog a quality diet of quality kibble, such as Holistic Select, Pinnacle, Blue Buffalo, Solid Gold and Innova. As well as specialty foods, such as raw foods whenever available. This is to ensure healthy development for the puppy and life maintenance for a healthy adult dog.
- Buyer agrees to provide fresh water at all times.
- Buyer agrees to “dog proof” the living environment by eliminating hazards, which may be chewed and other aggressive animals. Seller urges the buyer to attend obedience classes as soon as the puppy has completed all vaccinations.
- Buyer acknowledges familiarity of the traits of the breed and accepts the lifetime responsibility of the dog’s care.
- Buyer agrees to maintain conformity with his/her local and municipal laws regarding animal ownership.
- Buyer agrees to maintain the puppy’s health, and to provide yearly examinations, vaccinations, heartworm testing and any other usual or veterinarian recommended procedures necessary to ensure good health.
- Seller cannot guarantee size, conformation, show quality or temperament of the dog after delivery as these are directly related to nutrition, grooming and care.
- Buyer acknowledges this dog is sold as a pet/companion and is not to be bred.
- Buyer agrees to spay/neuter said dog at the recommended age of eighteen (18) months or older.
- Failure to comply with the breeding terms shall be considered a breach of contract. For each such breach, the Buyer shall pay to the Seller the following sums: For a male dog used as a stud, a penalty of $4000 or the standard price of one of the Sellers puppies at the time of the breach of contract plus $200, whichever is higher. For a female dog, a penalty of $5000 per incident plus $2000 per puppy produced.
- Breeding contracts are available to Pawsitively Portuguese approved breeders.
Health of the dog
- Seller warrants the puppy to be in good health at the time of sale and will be veterinarian checked prior to delivery to Buyer.
- Seller advises that the dog be taken to a veterinarian within 48 hours of receipt, to confirm the health and condition of the puppy.
- Seller does not guarantee the dog’s health from exposure to communicable diseases, any sickness contracted or injury contracted/occurring on the Buyers property.
- Seller is not responsible for any veterinarian bills after Buyer accepts delivery of puppy.
- Has a 48 hour health guarantee. Puppy should be examined by your Veterinarian within 48 hours of purchase. If the Veterinarian determines that the puppy is ill, seller has the option to either refund 100% of purchase price or replace with another puppy of equal value (provided dog is returned to seller at buyers expense.)
- No other guarantees. We’ve done the best science allows, and we all have to understand we are dealing with a living animal.
Seller certifies that the puppy can be registered under the regulations of the American Kennel Club as a purebred Portuguese Water Dog and will provide the required forms for limited AKC registration.
The following rules are in place to ensure that litters are grouped together in the PWDCA Health Registry and the PWD Pedigree Study Group database as well as showcasing your new puppy’s lineage.
- Buyer agrees, as customary, to keep our kennel name, Pawsitively’s, as the prefix before the dog’s AKC registered name.
The following is intended for the protection and benefit of the Portuguese Water Dog breed in general and stated puppy in particular.
- Buyer agrees that ownership and/or possession of this dog will not be transferred without written consent of Seller.
- The Buyer agrees to not abandon said dog to any municipal or private dog pound, shelter or rescue organization.
- The Buyer further swears that he/she is not a breeder, associated with a pet shop or an animal broker and is not purchasing for resale.
- The Buyer agrees that if for any reason, he/she becomes unable or unwilling to properly care for the dog; he/she will return the dog to Seller.
Pick-up is preferable. Costs for pick-up and carrying the pup on-board an airline, are comparable to shipping costs. Unless stated, the contract purchase price does not include the cost of shipping, crate and bill of health for transfer of the puppy on an approved airline. These costs are the responsibility of the Buyer.
Terms and Other Conditions
- This writing constitutes the full agreement of both parties. Wherefore, the above named Seller and Buyer have executed the foregoing contract of sale on the date listed below. Violation of any of the above conditions constitutes return of the dog to the Seller. If at any time, there is demonstrable neglect, abuse or illegal activity involving this dog, the dog will be subject to immediate forfeiture to the Seller. Either party wishing to dispute this contract through the court system, must file the case in Collin County, Texas, where the purchase and transaction took place. Any and all fees associated with the enforcement of said contract are the sole responsibility of the Buyer.
Reviewed and approved by:
Buyer is to execute a copy and forward with payment. Seller will countersign one copy and forward with delivery of said dog along with other pertinent paperwork such as registration, health record, any medical clearances required for flight, etc.